Finland,Finnland,Suomi again

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

Anton Bärtig

Finland,Finnland,Suomi again

Post by Anton Bärtig »

Hello!
Iam member of the SS-gebirgsjäger Michael Gaibmair group. Iam the only officer of the group and that is the reason i am never sober while acting because everybody is serving me wery well. I am collecting weapons and most of the alive weapons of the group belongs to me.
Some of you might have seen me in Beltring wearing the Finnish summer uniform and sidecap, especially in the beertent or swimming in the stream.
HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

No moi Anton glad you could make it to the Forum you will like it here sadly there is not a bar here :( other wise all is ok .
Franz
Your wine waiter
ImageImageImageImageImage
Anton Bärtig

Post by Anton Bärtig »

Thank you Franz, Thank you wery much. i thought you was the one who was serving me cigars. Anyway see you in next patrol in a deep snow.
HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Hi Anton
welcome to the forum :)

as you are from Finland just wondered if you have read or heard of a book
called "Soldier under three flags" about a guy who served in the finish war
spent some time in the waffen ss finish legion and wound up in the USA in the green berret in Viet Nam but was killed out there,, in the back of the book is a picture of his memorial sevice in America with a photo of him
in his US uniform and a pillow with all his decorations on it including Finish American and his Iron Cross bizar :shock:
Anton Bärtig

Post by Anton Bärtig »

Hello Stefan! I know the story. His real name is Lauri Törni. He is one of our war heroes in this country. After officerschool he was serving in SS as an Untersturmfuhrer for a some time , but he came back to Finnish front because of the continue war and he was a great leader of the company. Even one of our ex Precident was under his command. and so on you know the rest if you have read hte book.
HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!
stefan

Post by stefan »

That's the guy so it must all be true then,,some one said the film the green beret the John Wayne version is loosely based on him but that might be bull :roll:
I read the book some time ago fascinating how life can turn out for some people if I remember after the Soviet /Finish truce he went back to Germany and saw some action on the Easter front but where and with what unit the book does not say as it was written by a friend of his based on what he knew from conversations with Lauri
still all the best and might see you over here if you come to any of our splendid shows in the summer :D
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

Anton Bärtig wrote:Hello Stefan! I know the story. His real name is Lauri Törni. He is one of our war heroes in this country. After officerschool he was serving in SS as an Untersturmfuhrer for a some time , but he came back to Finnish front because of the continue war and he was a great leader of the company. Even one of our ex Precident was under his command. and so on you know the rest if you have read hte book.
I won't have that! There is only one true hero of Finland and that is Ari Vatenen!!
Anton Bärtig

Post by Anton Bärtig »

Yes you are right about Ari Vatanen, but do you mean rally or European parliament?
HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

NO Its Tapio Mäkinen(Fliying Finn) is the Gratest
Oh and he is my boss as well :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Willi Heydrich

Post by Willi Heydrich »

Terve Anton,

And welcome to this forum of the greatest weirdos on the planet!

Willi
6. SS-Gebirgsjäger Division "Nord" Regt. 12 "Michael Gaißmair" Kriegsberichter
simon

Post by simon »

Welcome Anton from wet and windy Belfast :D
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'

Return to “Introductions”