33rd Waffen SS Charlemagne

Gash

Re: 33rd Waffen SS Charlemagne

Post by Gash »

Cookie, about 6 of us in and around Montreal, Québec are still working and fine-tuning our Charlemagne Impressions.

Just want to drop a line and give you props for being a large source of inspiration for our impression with only a few pictures of you kitted out.

Few of our guys had folded the top "FRANCE" part of the LVF shield and sewed it on their left arm for the SS version - as per mentioned in For Europe - but we decided to go for a unified look concerning the insignias. Interestingly enough, we received two tricolor shields last week, but the French flag colors were inverted! :shock: :o :lol: :lol:

As a whole however, we mostly have dot-camo with M43 tunic and our softcaps

When we get a group shot i'll post it up on here. But it'll be some time in Fall or Winter.

Take care
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Gash,

You can get the correct SS issue armshield at

http://militaria-net.co.uk/oscommerce/c ... cts_id/776

A good vendor.

It would be good to see a photo of someone else doing this impression. So far its just been me!

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing your efforts

Mark
Mark A - AFRA
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Greetings or should i say "Bonjour mes amis" :D

After some lengthy research and myself being in "limbo" without a group ive decided to put
together a re-enactment group, so far iam in the process of constructing a website (see link
below) http://ww2-charlemagne-1945.webs.com/

As you can see by the adi this is a group that portrays the 33rd SS Charlemagne Division,
i chose this Unit due to the fact that there isn't an "official" Charlemagne group in the UK
other than the portrayal done by Cookie which is fantastic and has given me the inspiration
to take this portrayal further and in more detail rather than a single portrayal.

Iam hoping this group will be up and running all being well and attending events next year,
giving the rest of this year for future members to get their gear/equipment together and sort
out insurance etc.

Any comments, ideas or members of the forum or group are welcome

Regard Peiper :wink:
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

As already stated in the reenactment group area, I will be following your progress with pleasure, well done and all the best.

Cheers Bill, British free Corps.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Cheers Bill :D
Early days yet but its all coming together, i hope you have a squint at the website mon ami?

Au revoir, Pipes :wink:
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Good luck with this Jean Paul,

When I get back from la guerre d'Indochine we will certainly have to put a photoshoot together.
Mark A - AFRA
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Cheers Cookie :)
Sad you cannot accept my invitation to join the group, but if you have other
committments then i will say bon chance mon ami, but i hope you will join
the forum as an administrator and perhaps give me the benefit of your extended
knowledge :wink:

Regards Peiper (Jean Paul)
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Bloody good luck with this, hope it works out.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Cheers Dave :D
I know i will make mistakes, but hopefully the group will come together and eventually be a
part of the bigger re-enactment picture!!

Regards Pipes :wink:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Best of luck to you sir its hard work getting a Group up off the ground
ImageImageImageImageImage
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Franz repper wrote:Best of luck to you sir its hard work getting a Group up off the ground

Thanks Franz :D
I know it will be hard work, but i will continue with it, as i say even if i have no intrest in
people wanted to join it doesn't matter, the main thing is i will be doing a portrayal and display
myself and will still be doing re-enactment !! :wink:

Regards Pipes
Gash

Post by Gash »

Peiper,

Good luck with that mate! Hope it pans out! Something that is new and not done anywhere else might have good chances of attracting folks.

We were lucky on our side of the pond, as most of the guys who decided to start the French volunteers were already doing German re-enactment together. Since we all spoke French as our mother-tongue, it was only natural that we extended to this part of history.

Interestingly enough we began to contact the folks over at the Circle of Descendants of French Volunteer on the Eastern front.

http://www.cdvfe-divisioncharlemagne.com/default.html (website only in French unfortunately)

A lot of interesting information on here.

We've just finished our flag for camp, just missing the words in there to complete it!
drapeau_LVF_002.jpg
drapeau_LVF_002.jpg (94.87 KiB) Viewed 12037 times
:mrgreen:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Formidable mes enfants! :)

Very nice tri-colouer you have there mon ami, i will have to keep a look out for one myself
now lol, as for an inscription on the flag itself i think you will find this was only done on
the French Wehrmacht flags (LVF Regiment)??

My own impression is coming along now, i already have the basic portrayal as i did SS
before but am getting some extra "French-personal effects", also am adding to my "event-
loadout" and getting things such as sandbags, barbed wire, tents etc and am now in the
process of knocking some signs together, i will get some pics up soon when i get chance.

Anyway bon chance mon braves and keep up the good work :wink:
Gash

Post by Gash »

Bonjour Camarades!

Well, our first time out as Charlemagne and LVF was certainly noticed in Upstate New York!

Here are a few pictures.

Please keep in mind these impressions are still a work in progress- we know there's a few things that need to be touched up on for historical accuracy. But since we all do this for fun anyway, we aren't too harsh on ourselves =P

The pictures in Black and White are taken with an original 1938 German model camera.

Enjoy!

Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Good pics Gash :wink:
Just a constructive point, Charlemagne cufftitles weren't worn except by Pioneers who had
gone on a training course and were issued them specifically, also rifles in drill were held high
in the French style, just some pointers to help mes amis

Best regards Pipes

Return to “Third Reich Foreign volunteers”