East meets West..

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

Eva B

East meets West..

Post by Eva B »

Guten tag!

I've been quietly sweeping your forum for info for a week or so now, so i'ts probably time for an intro..

firstly a couple of reasons why you wont like me, I'm an Airsofter not a re-enactor and I'm a female who's going to break all the rules by dressing in SS Das Reich uniform! ok now that your bloods boiling and fingers twitching over the keyboard, I'll attempt to acquit myself of the impending firing squad!!

I've collected and bought and sold Russian/Soviet military gear for over 3 years, and done it to death on the collecting front, I have everything I could possibly need or want (apart from a T-64, although I do have a BTR-152 APC) my home is full of military gear and airsoft weapons, Iv'e led a Russian Airsoft team for a couple of years, and I along with 4 friends created the Red Alliance association, which in the first year grew to a few hundred members worldwide, including a few of your fellow re-enactors from the WPFG. I also run the forum at Russian arms info website, and run the English section of airsoftgun Russia, so I'm fairly familiar with military and weapons, all be it Eastern bloc (for now!) I play Airsoft every weekend obsessively! In my home of Cornwall (MIA) and at Ground Zero on the Dorset/Hampshire border and I travel a couple times a year to play in Russia (and to stock up on mil gear to sell back home and real vodka to melt my friends with)

So why am I here hasstling the axis?.. like I said. Iv'e done Russia to death, I recently bought a Tanaka KAR-98 (I'm in love!!) and met Ollie (Byely-volk) on my Airsoft forum, and he came over to my place with his German gear, and that was it really! I'm a complete noob (hate that word!!) but not a stupid one, I prefere to find things out for myself, but would like someone with knowledge on SS Das Reich to just check i'm on the right track with it, a kit and uniform list would be awesome??? amazon books have just got rich on waffen SS sales, and I'm making notes on places to buy, so any assistance there would be great too, books I must read! and places I should buy from ect.

Right I'm going to quietly crawl back to the Kremlin now before the peoples army dispatch the duty car for me, siberia's such a drag this time of year!!!

Again sorry for being a girly! don't shoot me!!!

Eva :wink:
Ted

Post by Ted »

Hi Eva,
Welcome to the forum.
No need to worry how you got here, or the path that lead you here.. all of us are here because we share a common interest. Personaly i could'nt care less if yer side arm goes phut or bang :D . With your Russian knowledge sounds like you will have as much to contribute as much as to learn.
There are a lot of good people on this forum with a vast amount of knowledge on the subject you are interested in. Ask away, the more questions the merrier, you wont be dissapointed. No one can ever know everything, (perhaps with a exception of PD :D ) & we will most likley learn as much from you & vica versa.
enough of my blathering on, Welcome & enjoy.
Ted.
simon

Post by simon »

Welcome to the mad house :twisted:
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
Jock

Post by Jock »

Welcome to the house of fun.

Jock.
I/II-AA Das Reich

ML.... I'll give it a try.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

So - **** all that spiel - You're female AND you like vodka??????

AAAAND Military Weapons.... So - the only question is - two parter......

Do you need adopting and have you already got a sugar daddy????? :shock:
byely-volk!

Post by byely-volk! »

Fancy seeing you here! :D

PD, I found her first!!!!! :wink:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Yes - but I may have a use for her......
and her uniforms.....
and her guns.......... :wink:
Hollenweger

Post by Hollenweger »

Welcome to the forum! If you want advice on kit, then I'd be happy to help, I portray a soldier from Das Reich myself. What sort of time period were you looking at?
Wilder Feger

Post by Wilder Feger »

Welcome to the forum, Eva... my home is also filled with all sorts of militaria that I've been collecting for 15 years...German, US and British mainly. I own a nice German K98, an M-1 Carbine, an Enfield (and a modern Browning 9mm) and plenty of knives and ermm...flashlights. So, as you can see, you're not alone. (and I know of several others as well, some on this forum) The only difference is I stick to the roles women filled during WWII, but trust me, I get plenty of private battle "trigger" time. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture into WWII re-enacting! :D

Regards,
Kelly
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
byely-volk!

Post by byely-volk! »

Well PD, thinking about it mate I am a bit young to be her sugar daddy! :D

So maybe there is an opening for two positions!!!!!!! :wink:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

byely-volk! wrote:So maybe there is an opening for two positions!!!!!!! :wink:
LMFAO at that one!!!!! :shock:
simon

Post by simon »

:shock: Oh deary me ......ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

Hi Eva, welcome to the forum, I like your choice of W SS division of course, what part of Das Reich would you like to re enact/model your impression on ?
SS Unterscharfurer Stefan Klein
2Kp. SS Aufklärungs Abt. Das Reich
"Wir gehen voran"
http://www.wars.uk.net/

Shergar

welcome to the forum

Post by Shergar »

welcome to the forum from all the lads in ireland

shergar
bee

Re: East meets West..

Post by bee »

Eva B wrote:... I'm a female who's going to break all the rules by dressing in SS Das Reich uniform!
join the club ;)
bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.

Return to “Introductions”