Guten Tag, darf ich...

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

axis sally

Guten Tag, darf ich...

Post by axis sally »

" Guten Tag, darf ich mich vorstellen?"

"Hello, may I introduce myself. I am Karin Seeber and doing an article for our tomorrows Rheinischer Merkur. May I have some of your time, would you like to give me an interview?"

This could be the punchline to get your spectator ( sorry can´t get used to call the "other side" MOPS ) involved and give you the chance to look pretty, if you prefer to reenact in civilian clothes :wink: Furthermore it will give you the possibilty to get direct feedback on the display, if questions are directed that way.

Or how about mingling in with the 21st century audience, make a comment like " God that young Gefreiter just reminds me of my brother", pull out a picture of your handbag and let the lady next to you have a look at the handsome brother you have, currently serving at the eastern front.

I know it is not everyones cup of tea...put it certainly is very enjoyable and you have the chance of bringing over history in a very lively form!

I did my test trial last October, when I started talking about my latest favourite record and asked the spectator if he would like to listen to it. Well it worked....our grammophone was noticed straight away and his children discovered that music does not only come from cd players.

Liebe Grüße,
Beate

edited due to spelling mistake...sorry, early in the morning and then being German :lol:
gremlina

Post by gremlina »

You have some wonderful ideas there! I would love to see female civilian reenactors doing more interactive things as you have mentioned. Something else that could be fun is if you have a little set up and might be able to teach them some dancing. But I love the journalist idea!
axis sally

Post by axis sally »

Thank you Stacey for your comment ( have been waiting all day to get a response :wink: )

Anyway, I believe it only takes a good story to "justify" ones decision to reenact a civilian and of course it is more fun being interactive with the spectator. What´s the point if you have done your homework, but can´t bring it over to the public. I am convinced that someone out there in the crowd would be interested to know

* how long it took you to get your hair in style
* that you could have not got that line painted straight on the back of your leg without your friends help, as you can´t afford silk stockings
*that you keep a pearl stitched in your best dress sleeve for a "rainy day"

You just need to get them involved in a conversation and hundreds of little stories could be told.

Liebe Grüße,
Beate
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Hi there Beate.

I know the Sealed Knot and ECW re-enactors play scenario's like this with the public. It would be quite interesting for WW2 characters to do it as well.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

gremlina

Post by gremlina »

Sure why not? I do civilian for ACW and we try interactive things such as fashion shows and what not at living history events. I think anything that gets the public interacted would be a good thing (with keeping within the period of course). Dancing, cooking, fashion, hair etc of the time might be interesting topics. Period broadcasts would be fun too if you could set up period radio with music. I know I've seen others do such with connecting modern MP3 players or CD players to period radios.. I think that really you are only limited by imagination (and historical accuracy). :-)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

edited due to spelling mistake...sorry, early in the morning and then being German
NO Don't apologise and don't stop! It's the being German bit we LIKE! :lol:
axis sally

Post by axis sally »

Hi Paul,

nice to see I can make you chuckle. Perhaps I should have written: and then only being a woman? Your answer might have been:...it´s the only being a woman bit we LIKE.That would have been far more flattering to me :wink:

Liebe Grüße,
Beate......weaker sex, but strong impact :twisted:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Women are definitely the stronger sex.
Men go to bed with a cold - Women go to work
Men whine with kidney stones, Women give birth by choice
Men go to work and come home to a meal
Women go to work then come home and COOK the meal!

So who's the strongest?
bee

Post by bee »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Women are definitely the stronger sex.
Men go to bed with a cold - Women go to work
Men whine with kidney stones, Women give birth by choice
Men go to work and come home to a meal
Women go to work then come home and COOK the meal!

So who's the strongest?
I really love you Paul ;)

bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”