K 98 Blank firer.

SchnellMeyer

K 98 Blank firer.

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Guys, can anybody out there help us get some K 98 blank firing rifles .We need either the full caliber 7.92 or 410 shot gun modified ones .I would be most grateful for your help , thanks.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Feldjager

Re: K 98 Blank firer.

Post by Feldjager »

There is no such thing as a 'blank firing' k98.

First off, you'll need to decide what you want - a .410 weapon will be smoothbored and held on a shotgun certificate (section 2). A 7.62 or 7.92mm will be rifled and held on a firearms certificate (section 1). You cannot own a section 2 weapon on a section 1 ticket, or vice versa.

Once you've decided what you want then you can apply for the relevant certificate from the police firearms licensing section. If you are granted a certificate, you can acquire a weapon.

Dave
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Cheers Dave , thanks for the info but most of this I know as my Uncle is a Super. in the Police here .When we were in Normandy last year ,at the shop in Dead Mans Corner they had K98 that took blank ammo only but sadly they are out of stock now .I already own a German WW2 rifle, 7.92 mm so again I know the law in relation to getting a permit. Some of our guys want to buy K98's for reenacting purposes only .The K98 in .410 smoothbore would also do as two of our guys have these already and they work fine . If anybody out there can help I would be very grateful , thanks.

re-enactment group
v2cun

Post by v2cun »

try thuringenmilitaria.com as they sell them.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

I have never heard of a blank fireing bolt action rifle as there is no need to have the barrel resticted as the rifle is manually cycled as apposed to a semi-automatic rifle which relies on gas operated or blowback to cycle the action. It may be that they have modified the internal magazine to accept blank ammunition which is shorter in length than a live round. I can see this being done but still there is a chance that someone could chamber a live round and if the barrel was restricted it could cause serious injury or even death
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi v2cun , many thanks for the help .I saw the photos of the K98 on Thuringenmilitaria web page and they are exactly what we are looking for .Thanks a million and if I can be of any help to you just PM me .

re-enactment group
v2cun

Post by v2cun »

no problem i own one of them and they fire very well and look the part and he is a good guy to deal with .
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

I'm intrigued. I don't know how they stand in Ireland, but I can't see how they can be legal in the UK. They ain't deactivated, and they use the parts of a real firearm, ie. the bolt. As far as I can see you'd still need an FAC for one, and at that price it would be a lot cheaper getting a real one,than buying one of those.
I know that on the continent (Ok, mainland Europe for you Europhiles) they have a different class of firearms known as salute weapons, under which these would come, but I can't see how they would be legal in the UK.
Can anyone enlighten me?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Another note for interested parties - A smoothbore Mauser K98 would still need an FAC1 to be covered due to the barrel length...... (or rather - lack of it) Shotguns with a barrel length of less than 24" are FAC1.......
The K98 has a barrel length of WAIT FOR IT....23.62 inches!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

The K98 by Thuringenmilitaria are .410 smooth bore and thus here in Ireland come under the same class as a shot gun licence . Of course one still needs a licence to own one of these but these are issued much faster than a 7.92mm caliber K 98 . These are ideal for reenactors who do not wish to buy the real thing as their only use will be for events and not the added use of hunting.

re-enactment group
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

Ah, thanks for that info. The shotgun laws must be slightly looser in Eire than in the UK. Important stuff to know and I hope anyone traveling between both are aware!
Any chance of doing a write up for the WW2 info site? :wink:
We're a bit thin on the ground when it comes to Eire.
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Dietmar , good to hear from you .I would not say that the gun laws in Southern Ireland are " slightly looser" but they do allow us to legally use .410 blank firing K 98 if guys do not want to buy the full bore 7.92mm .
If you send me a PM i will gladly try and help you with the WW2 site , at present we are the only German WW2 reenactment and military vehicle club in Southern Ireland . Hope to hear from you again.

re-enactment group

Return to “Wanted”