Tropical Y-straps

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

Pietje

Tropical Y-straps

Post by Pietje »

What is the best option to wear for a N-Africa/Tunisian tunic: the black or brown leader Y-strap or the Tropical (Fsj) Y-strap.... (and where to buy)
Bergführer

Re: Tropical Y-straps

Post by Bergführer »

I have never seen the tropical version of FJ straps on original photos or as an original item, just regular ones and one pair converted by an officer.
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

You could use LW tropical blue web y straps- if you knew someone who makes them????? If you do, please let me know as I have been considering dying an olive pair blue for a while. :D
But that would open a whole new can of worms on repro LW blue trop kit!!!!!!!! How nice that would be to have good repros!

I agree with Bergfuhrer, there is no trop specific version of web y straps ie with no A frame small front straps or d rings. I would use brown rough out lightweight straps in the circumstance you describe OR the standard web infanterie ones..
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Bergführer

Post by Bergführer »

I make regular tropical Y straps and maybe I will get the webbing in natural un-dyed colour so maybe I will be able to dye it blue without any problems :twisted:

Here's one of my products (my own pair, now I plan to sell it and make better ones :mrgreen: )

dagda

Post by dagda »

For FJ in Afrika, brown leather light weight Y straps.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Return to “Deutsches Afrikakorps”