Zvezda Mercedes 4500A

RudyWerner

Zvezda Mercedes 4500A

Post by RudyWerner »

Current project I am working on, absolutely fantastic model...

Going to be panzer grey and very muddy.
Hennig

Re: Zvezda Mercedes 4500A

Post by Hennig »

Now that does look good sir :wink: do post up some pictures of the finished item 8)

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Done some weathering on the tires today. Need to decide how I am going to best it, would look best airbrushed I think.
JDR

Post by JDR »

If you dont have an air brush one tip is to cut down the bristles on an old paint brush, load the brush with paint and wipe most of the paint off but not as much as if you were going to dry brush a model, then dab the brush onto the model and this gives you a similar affect.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

JDR wrote:If you dont have an air brush one tip is to cut down the bristles on an old paint brush, load the brush with paint and wipe most of the paint off but not as much as if you were going to dry brush a model, then dab the brush onto the model and this gives you a similar affect.
I may try that. A mate local has an airbrush I can borrow though, so will see if he is about.
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Very nice. If I saw that on the shelf in my local model shop I'd give it a miss as I wouldn't recognise the manufacturer. The kit though looks very well detailed and appears to have gone together very well. Hows it made by so i can see what else they do. Look forward to seeing it all done.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

dog green 1 wrote:Very nice. If I saw that on the shelf in my local model shop I'd give it a miss as I wouldn't recognise the manufacturer. The kit though looks very well detailed and appears to have gone together very well. Hows it made by so i can see what else they do. Look forward to seeing it all done.
Chris its made by Zvezda there figures are not the best but getting better ,early stuff not that good but the later kits are good like the one above
ImageImageImageImageImage
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Thanks for that Joel. I'll have a look and see what they do. I'll then no doubt buy one and add it to the pile of models I will eventually get round to making...when I find the time. Possibly in 30 years when I retire.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

I have never done a Zvezda kit before but am mightily impressed with this one. Its probably as good as a Tamiya kit, although it it just plastic - no etched fret or resin bits. I do think a raised tilt would have been nice.
The figures in the one are OK, although some of the uniform details are a bit odd.

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”