German Makers codes.

Moderator: Pirkka

Tychsen

German Makers codes.

Post by Tychsen »

Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945. by Michael Heider. ( Published by Viser ) 2007.
("German Secret armament codes until 1945").
504 pages published in German / English format this book details all known German makers codes , if it had a three letter code andwas made for the German war effort it is listed here.
Although very detailed a larger print format would have helped this book - print is just slightly too small to be friendly but having said that it is a mine of information if you are trying to identify who made what , where and for whom.
Attachments
Scan1.JPG
Scan1.JPG (86.06 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
Stigroadie

Re: German Makers codes.

Post by Stigroadie »

Might be handy for spotting 'faked up' items?
Does it only cover makers marks or also waffenamp?
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Sorry , it does not cover waffenamp markings - the codings cover relate to all items produced for the war effort , changes in codes are included , identifying the date of change made.
It would certainly help from the point of view of identifying wrongly marked items and items " sexed up" to make the sale.
GGG

Post by GGG »

Hi,
I'm the author of the book :P

A friend has told me about this forum and so I have registered today.
You can find some more information about my book here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=12881

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any documents dealing with the Waffenamt-numbers during all the years of research. So it would not have been possible to add any information to the book that is not already known. My book contains code-markings only.

With best wishes
Michael
Need a good book about German manufacturer codes?
=> get one from the author: >> ggbuch@web.de <<
Please visit my website: http://codebuch.jimdo.com

Return to “Books, films & other media”