Buying direct from Shoie

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

littletankman

Buying direct from Shoie

Post by littletankman »

With the current VCR bill how do I stand by importing parts of a replica Shoie midel gun this will include the main partss including the receiver etc.

I have read through the VCR. bill.

I have PLI insurance and although not technicaly in a group now but was before for around 5 years I do some time join the group I was in for photo shoots ocasionaly but not technicaly a member. I still have my living history kit etc , I regulary attend living history events all be it in a small group of friends all in 40s kit and in my case acuratly .

Im not a fly by night person just trying to get a gun as I have plenty already for living history events and disppllays.

Also if my package is opened at customs what happens do I just have to show my AFRA membership card and invite them round to show my kit to prove I do living history ?

Whats the chances it will. be opened .Shoie sent me a screw and the package stated model gun company on it but wasnt opened .
SplinterA

Re: Buying direct from Shoie

Post by SplinterA »

The screw is not controlled.
A whole replica is.
Have the sender tape a scan of both sides of your AFRA card to the shipping box with a note, a large note, in huge day-glo letters, on all sides of the box, saying you are a re-enactor and claim a defense under the VCRA.
It has worked for me several times, though I have not bought direct from Shoie.
Customs usually see the note, see the numbers on the card, ring Bryn who doesnt recognise the number so drops the call, then ring Karl who checks your membership and confirms to customs you are a paid up member. Customs then release the package.
Thats how it most often goes. Sometimes customs sit on a package or dont call the numbers, they might send you a snotty letter threatening to destroy the shipment if you dont provide a defence. Act quickly if they do.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Thanks mate I have done that it has got to the UK from Japan but sat in customs in Coventry. My friend did it the sam way .The guy in Poland who I plan to get a stock of had to confiscated by UK customs they said its part of a weapon I supose its part of a firearm to but I will do the same way as the Shoie parts but get him to put replica stock which it is .
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

littletankman wrote:The guy in Poland who I plan to get a stock of had to confiscated by UK customs they said its part of a weapon I supose its part of a firearm
But it's not a controlled part of a firearm. They are legal to own and legal to purchase in the UK. He needs to write a snotty letter to Customs asking for his property back or compensation.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

and if you can find out the officer or letter written by whom, threaten to take them to court. It has worked for my wife with the NHS.
you have to sue the individual not the system
good luck,
graham
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Graham thats what I thought , there nothing to do with me but I plan to order a stock of him. Oh my Shoie parts should be here tom :-)
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Keep us informed on the out come please
graham
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

My Shoie parts arrived ok when I order the stock I will ask him about the other two.

Return to “General”