Can you beleve some people.

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

dieter

Can you beleve some people.

Post by dieter »

Hi all

just have to share this mornings experince with you.

was looking after a freinds anitique/bric a brac shop this morning. and being the start of the tourist season hastings old town is packed. i was going to be there four hours or so, so i took down my new reed greens and insignia so the sewing would give me somthing to do. the shop was empty at this point, and in walks this chap who after a brose bimmbles up to the counter, to pay for a couple of bits. were he notice by breats eagle half sewn on. "what are you doing with that?" he aks, being abit perplexed "sewing" was all i answerd. "no i mean the german uniform. you not a reenactor are you" this is were it fell apart, they way he asked gave me the indication he might be a reencator too, all be it another period "ua ha" big mistake! for the next ten minutes this bloke littrally turned red and puffy through rage, he gave me a wondrefull history lesson, of the type "the evil empire" authour would be proude of.

and among some of the other point he raised.

apparently i'm too tall to authanticaly portray a ww2 soldier,

i glorify war aswell,

and (this was my favourte) "people like you get sexually aroused by shindlers list"

whenever i try'd to argu my point i was met with "just let me finnish" so in the end i just drowned him out by watching the femail students go by. for ten to fifteen minutes this bloke just rabbited on calling me every name under the sun. and then when he was all blown out, he noticed a small porcelin tea cup and sawcer marked for £1 "whats the best you can do on this ?" the cheeky B*stard asked. i took the iteam from him, placed it on the counter, pulled out a old wooden policemens truncheon and smashed the thing. "that ! know please bugger off " and of he went huffing and puffing.

is it me or are some people just complete and utter arse,s for know apperant reason.
and were the hell are PD or les hearn when you need em.
ein volk, ein reich, ein ME????

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
65ste nachrichtan abteilung / 85ste Gebirgsjager regt
(aka Scott Davies, aka oi you! yeah you!)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Priceless Scott!!!!
Well Done!!!!

eeee a did ev ter laff! :lol: :lol: :lol:
simon

Post by simon »

Wish to f*ck i'd a been a fly on the wall :lol: :lol:
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

morons like that deserve to have their knucles broken. I HATE IGNORANCE!!!
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

Think you hit the wrong thing with the truncheon... :lol:

The world is full of such nice well balanced people..... :lol:
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

Sorry but me being me, it would have been a teeth job followed by a swift headbutt, going on about the nazi thing i would take, but getting personal without knowing me would do it
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

If this happens again to avoid uncomfortable moments deny reenactment and just sayh you are a raving Nazi waiting for the rise of the 4th Reich,

I find it stops people in their tracks, sadly every now and then someone will think you are serious
dieter

Post by dieter »

steve kellher wrote:Sorry but me being me, it would have been a teeth job followed by a swift headbutt, going on about the nazi thing i would take, but getting personal without knowing me would do it
i was close at one stage mate, beleve me. but in the end, it was much more fun just to listen to the crap that came out of his mouth. and his face when the cup disintagrated, pure gold. told the shops owner this afternoon, "should have charged the t*%t for the cup" he went.

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

I gave up arguing with idiots like this, years ago. No matter what you say, they try to shout you down. They now get the same response that the feckin' Jehovas witnesses got from me this afternoon. A calm, but strong, "**** off !!" Works a treat with all manner of opinionated and self righteous cretins :twisted:
dieter

Post by dieter »

i seem to attract, em mate. got cornerd four time last season by the "lets have ago a the german" types. when its jo public i just drown them out. what pisses me of though is when its other reenactors, two civil war guys had a pop last detling, but they did meet with a few choise words from my rich vocabulary swears. :D

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
Shergar

so its not a sexual thing then

Post by Shergar »

so its not a sexual thing then ,

as i place my german gear on the net and apply to join the sealed knot society :D
KB Martinsen

Re: so its not a sexual thing then

Post by KB Martinsen »

Shergar wrote:so its not a sexual thing then ,

as i place my german gear on the net and apply to join the sealed knot society :D
Admit it, you're only doing it so that you get to wear a codpiece in public aren't you?
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

I hate humans. :twisted:
Jim

Post by Jim »

steve kellher wrote:I hate humans. :twisted:
I have to agree with you Steve.I also hate the human race its a good job i am not one.
There was a chap at Detling last year spouting of and shouting.Accusing me of all people being a Nazi. My reply was "yes".
To this he just stood open mouthed.
SWB
Dave Durden

Post by Dave Durden »

You should have inserted the cup and saucer in him.
"Dont ask us about Mrs Cake"

Return to “General”