Epic Militaria??

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Krupp

Epic Militaria??

Post by Krupp »

I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with this vendor? Any comments or feedback no matter what, is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Last time I heard Epic mentioned I heard this funny sound....like a bull shitting in a field.....Weird eh.

Although apparantly they have gotten better since then....
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Fenech

Post by Fenech »

don't expect to recieve what you order from epic, in fact expect to recieve nothing, no goods, no refund, no replies to emails - just nothing!
if you want nothing, their service is 1st class, however if you want to receive some goods for your money, then I'd recommend you look elsewhere

SASAK - the Society for the Abolition of Splinter A Knochensack
pzrwest

epic

Post by pzrwest »

I know what you mean by no replies to e-mails I e-mailed them asking a cpl questions about a cpl items i was interested in buying and never heard a word back so their loss. I figured why buy if they can't send a reply back guess they are making too much money and don't need mine
von papen

Post by von papen »

i just got a sling from them, only took about two days to arrive, dont know about other stuff though, sling was too light a leather colour i had to use brown shoe polish on it!
Krupp

Post by Krupp »

Thank you for your feed back gentleman. I guess from others I've talked to, the decision is: Stay away from Epic!
jdotchon

Post by jdotchon »

I read the thread about Epic Militaria. Just to let you know that Epic Militaria has been under new management since October this year, I am actually one of the new owners so there is no confusion about my comments.

The kit we sell is good quality and at a competitive price compared to most of our competitors. We have most items in stock, and we are in the process of building up our stock where we don't have them.

On communication, I can only say that this is one area where we have improved compared to the previous owner, all questions/emails will be answered within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

I hope that you will visit our improved website http://www.epicmilitaria.com and give us a fair chance to prove the comments above no longer apply to the new Epic Militaria.
Jim

Post by Jim »

jdotchon wrote:I read the thread about Epic Militaria. Just to let you know that Epic Militaria has been under new management since October this year, I am actually one of the new owners so there is no confusion about my comments.

The kit we sell is good quality and at a competitive price compared to most of our competitors. We have most items in stock, and we are in the process of building up our stock where we don't have them.

On communication, I can only say that this is one area where we have improved compared to the previous owner, all questions/emails will be answered within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

I hope that you will visit our improved website http://www.epicmilitaria.com and give us a fair chance to prove the comments above no longer apply to the new Epic Militaria.
Maybe a little introduction of who you are etc would help to re assure the re-enactment community that things have changed.
The trouble is that Epic over the years has developed a very poor reputation in the community and i feal you have a bit of a struggle to turn things round when there are so many good suppliers out there.
I wish you good luck with your new business but i will not order anything untill i am convinced the old ways have gone.
SWB
jdotchon

Post by jdotchon »

I understand reputations are slow to build and quick to lose, so lets start with a small intro about ourselves:

Epic Militaria is now run by a couple of military history enthusiasts we also own and run the successful military history books website http://www.WorldWarTwoBooks.com which you may have heard about. We have built a good reputation in military books, feel free to check our ebay feedback http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... artwobooks the only independent way we show you how we strive to keep customers happy. We will put the same dedication and time into Epic Militaria. Hope this goes a little way towards restoring some confidence in the Epic name, but I guess the only way to really find out is to give us a go.
sig rune

Post by sig rune »

I've sent a couple of orders to Epic and got the stuff within a week, no problems.

Francie
scrann

Post by scrann »

am about to order a m44 tunic from em ,,, il let ya know :)
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

Just got a book from these guys. No problems at all. Had it in two days.
KB Martinsen

Post by KB Martinsen »

Erwin wrote:Just got a book from these guys. No problems at all. Had it in two days.
I bought a book there recently too, no problems with my order either.

KB
jason litt

Post by jason litt »

KB Martinsen wrote:
Erwin wrote:Just got a book from these guys. No problems at all. Had it in two days.
I bought a book there recently too, no problems with my order either.

KB
Just bought a pair of their Jackboots , great quality and super fast delivery , 24 hours for £8 , not bad . It looks as if the new management mean business , I shall try them again in the future.

Jason

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”