wanna get fit(ter) for the summer?

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
warren

wanna get fit(ter) for the summer?

Post by warren »

you may have seen the advert on the telly ...

http://www.armyfit.mod.uk

it's a good low impact start
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

You joining the TA Warren :)

Bit extreme, if you wanna get fit, they give nice tours to Basra as well now.
SS Unterscharfurer Stefan Klein
2Kp. SS Aufklärungs Abt. Das Reich
"Wir gehen voran"
http://www.wars.uk.net/

Ted

Post by Ted »

been there done that (twice!!! :cry: ) would'nt say i would recommend it to anyone. Hotels are crap & room service non-existant.
simon

Post by simon »

And there are no pictures of a load of squaddies ,either...bored out of their
minds sitting in the NAAFI.....playing dangerous games with bayonets....or drinking themselves senseless :D
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
warren

Post by warren »

spam spam spam lost spam point spam of spam thread spam again spam :roll:

see all you lardies on the blatt-all field then - if you can find your way out of the beer tent.

that's it i'm sulking now :wink:

for those interested other than members of KG Nitwitz :shock: - go to the fitness programme - and no you really don't have to join the ta.:D
simon

Post by simon »

Have just lost 3 stone from 18.5 to 15.5 and going down.Fitness is a state of mind too.The programme you choose should suit you,push yourself a little bit further each session but don't overdo it ....rest is as important as training ....and proper nutrition....can i do the spam bit now Warren :D
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
warren

Post by warren »

no - too much spam makes you fat
simon

Post by simon »

Did you see what he called us Ted.....what an evil young man :twisted:
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
simon

Post by simon »

Sorry to spam the thread Warren(that's spam lite).I don't drink beer,so i won't be in the beer tent....my worst habit smoking about 30 fags a day ....that's ok at 25 but at 38 it's a killer. I can't stand running as an exersise,i do enjoy surfing(kayak) in all weathers,cycling and when i get the multi-gym together,i will be back training,after a 5 year break :shock:
So the one that looks like Quasimodo at events this year will be me :(
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
kubeltrotten

Post by kubeltrotten »

[quote="simon"]Sorry to spam the thread Warren(that's spam lite).I don't drink beer,so i won't be in the beer tent....my worst habit smoking about 30 fags a day ....that's ok at 25 but at 38 it's a killer. I can't stand running as an exersise,i do enjoy surfing(kayak) in all weathers,cycling and when i get the multi-gym together,i will be back training,after a 5 year break :shock:

[u][quote]So the one that looks like Quasimodo at events this year will be me [/quote]:([/quote][/u]
I don't believe that for a minute! x
missyd

Post by missyd »

Best way to loose weight. Sports and stop eating ... I was anorexic some years ago and I know best how to loose weight quickly! :?

Anybody ever tried the Billy Banks Boots Camp DVDs? :wink:
Ted

Post by Ted »

well i drink beer smoke tabs & eat lard !!! yah boo sucks to you all... :D
& can still do a CFT & BFT under time.
(breathing through my arse though :lol: )

basically as long as you enjoy yerself, thats the main thing. But do be carefull with any Army fitness regime, to take things slowley, dont do too much to fast. Try to find a nice comfy ruck, put 30lb's in it & start of with nice long brisk walks, 10 K's or so.... gently step it up till you are doing the airborne shuffle, (cut the distance back a tadge & alternate between fast walk 500 metres shuffle the next 300 metres "approx" ) you should be looking at 10K's in under 75 min's. If that sounds too horrific for you, just do a 3 mile jog every other day, give yerself the weekend off, you'll soon notice the differance.
simon

Post by simon »

"Airbourne shuffle" Groan...the most knackering way to cover the miles(without running all the way).....but effective.Ted has a point ease yourself back in to the way of exersise......Bloke at work didn't take my advice ,flew at the gym like a whirling dervish ....he's just started to use the keyboard at work,after a 2 day break :lol: :lol: Silly Boy :twisted:
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
warren

Post by warren »

well done u 2... but there's a lot out there that can't.. btw what is the time for a bft 1.5 mile run? and i was in the watery verison of the ta (rmr) but was nowhere near as fit as i should have been - and i was fit - and i can't swim wearing webbing as a nearly found out to my ultimate cost - so bad parttime career choice really.
Ted

Post by Ted »

1.5 mile out warm up very slow jog around 15 mins, strech then back in under 7 mins (but frowned on if above 6.5) .... i believe that some units have age time differances now ???? :shock:

i tried the swimming with webbing lark once ! (never again) i sank... :(

Return to “Anything WWII!”