Women in combat

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

missyd

Women in combat

Post by missyd »

I am planning on a WWII Axis display. BEFORE I look at reenacting a male soldier like in my Vietnam Display I have a few questions.

In which country Women served in combat units apart from Russia?

Or do you have pictures of woman who helped the lads on the front for reference?
I do not want to reenact any skirted units .....
:wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Flak Helfer is the nearest you will get to a trousered combat role in Third Reich Germany.
Please DON'T cross dress..... We've done it all before (this debate) you'll get loads of grief I suspect.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

You could try a Finnish Lotta not combat units but they were right up the front
ImageImageImageImageImage
missyd

Post by missyd »

I heard somewhere the Italian army had women with arms ... but I never saw any evidence of it .... :roll:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

missyd wrote:
I heard somewhere the Italian army had women with arms ... but I never saw any evidence of it ....
Don`t let Supermario hear that ! :)
SS Unterscharfurer Stefan Klein
2Kp. SS Aufklärungs Abt. Das Reich
"Wir gehen voran"
http://www.wars.uk.net/

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

missyd wrote
heard somewhere the Italian army had women with arms ... but I never saw any evidence of it
I did see some Italian women with nice LEGGS
missyd

Post by missyd »

Yeah ... and I have a nice italian Boyfriend!!! :wink:

Ci vediamo
Daniela

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

OH dam Nicked :shock:
missyd

Post by missyd »

Found some infos about Italian woman with the 'RSI army'. Informative a little bit, but not enough for reenacting. Most reports on the net tell about how and when these womens where liquidated by other groups ...

google search with 'le ausiliare' or as example ' Lucianna Minardi'
Ci vediamo
Daniela

supermario

Post by supermario »

Missyd,

As far as we're aware, Italian Female auxillaries didn't have a combat role as such in the RSI period, but there are photo's of Girls in Decima Mas uniforms toting MAB38a's. Undoubtly some of these were posed, but one particular photo shows these girls sharing cigarettes with a Maro, and all three have weapons. I think they were issued out to the auxillaries near the front, and in danger of partizan attack, so as to be able to defend themselves.

Another picture i think i've already mentioned shows three girls n RSI Alpini uniforms operating a radio. Two of these girls appear to have Beretta 34 holsters on them.

A few Female units were employed by the Regio Esercito, much along the same lines as the Wehrmacht/British for use in home defence and signals. Drab uniform tho! :)

Neil

BJ

women in combat

Post by BJ »

85th Gebirgsjager
missyd

Post by missyd »

Some girls had weapons ... but mostly for self defence against partisans.

The link with the uniform .... tahnks but I wont order anything in Italy if I do not know the person behind the shop personally made frineds with him! Too many crooks in the italian reenactment scene ....

A Uniform from Keith (HK) is ok. Or I can take a swiss army uniform (grey green) and have it transformed into a italian grigio verde one ... :wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

dink

Post by dink »

As said Flak I think is about as near as you'll get, cept for the very very last days of the war women weren't in armed combat. Blitzmadchen (dunno how to put accents over letters soz) is a good book if you can get hold of it for info and pics, but afaik its only available in German and as I haven't finished translating it yet :oops: may take some time :lol: I can't answer past the above. Theres no mention in Frauen of those women interviewed of any being armed and on the front line, and the other books I have are about women in the DRK so no use either to you.

Note the Flak helferin trews were much the same styling as the male M44 trousers except they had buttons at the side instead of the front (blue) same with the jacket except it buttons up the opposite way to the male M44 jacket. I have some pictures saved somewhere of disc of some that came up in a collection at some point on the net and when I saw them I saved them just incase of course future refence, if you would like to see them let me know. I won't put them on here as they aren't my pictures persay but I can pm/email them to you for reference.

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”