My 21C Jeep a WIP

pzrwest

My 21C Jeep a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Here are some pics as I received it before the work was started. The figures are my Hasty-P bashes
The work begins......
The first two are of the new hood hinge made from styrene tube with a metal rod inserted. Next will be redoing the firewall.
The next 2 pics are of the side mirror and bracket made from brass. I'd like to find a small glass mirror to fit in the mirror. I found a great use for the shoulderstrap bolts for German figures.
pzrwest

Re: My 21C Jeep a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Here I have reworked spare tire mount and added bolts for holding the spare tire. I reworked the spare tire so it can be mounted to the new spare tire mount. I have also added functioning footman loops.
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
I have made up the canopy bows now and re-worked the front bow storage mounts useing the exhisting mounts by heating them in boiling water then bending the ends around a section of brass tubing the same diameter as the canopy bows. next will be to fabricate the rear mounts. Here are pics of the new canopy bows
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Fooking ell Harold you get better every time !!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Well the work continues. Here I have fabricated the rear bow mounts from some thin aluminum, and added the rest stop as I call it made from some scrap brass. The 3 white things in the first pic are rivits I made from some 1/16" styrene rod.
The next series of pictures show the mounts added to the jeep and with the bows in the stored position and erected. I use a length of masking tape to hold the front bow from flopping forward, with the canvas top on it would be secured to the canvas buy straps. Comments welcomed... Thanks for looking... Harold
Steinmetz

Post by Steinmetz »

Some lovely detail there, Harold. Nice one!

Si
SS-U.f.w. Steinmetz
SBG Mechanics Section - Keeping the Reich rolling since '33!
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Another day and the work continues. Here some pics of the new tool brackets. I used some folded masking tape for temporary retaining straps. I'm waiting for some photo-etch buckles to arrive from across the great pond to make up straps for the jeep but won't add them till after the re-painting of the jeep is done. I also shortened the shovel handle and removed some of the curve in the axe handle so they fit better. Here are pics of the straps and tools in place:
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Harold

Did I see a post by you on MLU about Jeep trailers ?. Is this of any use:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/G-I-JOE-JEEP-AND ... .m63.l1177

Cam
Attachments
0c3a_1.jpg
0c3a_1.jpg (23.9 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Thanks Cam I saw that on ebay but since there are already bids on it I have to pass on it I don't get into bidding wars.
Will be posting more updated pics of my Jeep sometime today
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
The Jeep has been repainted and ready for the application of the unit markings for the Hastings & Prince Edward Regiment(Hasty-P's). I have replace the masking tape straps. I also replace the original yellowed clear windshield with .030 clear sheet styrene. Here are the updated pics:
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Nice touch with the spare wheel carrier being 2 bolts for mid war, and facing plate I only recently back dated my 43 Willys MB to that exact mount
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

I had forgot to paint the Jeeps seat frames so I pulled them out to paint them then I figured since I had them out I would refine the rear seat and driver's seat. I reduced the depth of the rear folding seat back on the rear seat and added the ribbing to it. I then thought I would do the driver's seat. I removed the seat section and added the metal panel on on the bottom of the seat and added the cut-out for the gas filler cap. I added the gas cap and then made the hinge for the seat bottom to be raised for access to the gas cap. Here are the pics of the updates... and the work continues....
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

NOW THAT IS COOOOL I WANT THAT SO MUCH :shock:
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

The Jeep is almost complete now just waiting for my friend to come over with some letters to add the CM to the serial number and to add the the unit markings, then weather the jeep.
Thank you for the kind words.... Harold

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”