Another Soldbuch!

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

Gren. Göransson

Another Soldbuch!

Post by Gren. Göransson »

I'm a proud member om MHS in Sweden and i'm portrayeing a Swedish volunteer in 11.SS Nordland, here's a few pages of my Soldbuch!

But as u see is it still missing a lot :)

I would really like some comments! and know what u guys with a lots of experience think!?

/ Gren Göransson
Zugführer Görling
http://www.reenactor.se
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It's nice and is shaping up nicely. I've just been filling in someone's with them and you saved my life!
"Schlank" I thought that was the word I wanted but wasn't sure. So I risked it..... phew! Glad I saw it there!
A few mistakes are in my opinion fine, as it shows it's a copy rather than a forgery... and ensures it never gets into a serious collection in the future.

I like your ID photo.

Get some more stamps in it and dirty it up a bit..... Good work.
pzrwest

Errors

Post by pzrwest »

So the error that was made in my soldbuch should be left as it is? As you say would indicate that it is a copy/repro rather than being passed off someday down the line as an original?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Only a personal opinion Harold but I say yes. Sometimes even vets miss them though!!!!

Just think where your book could end up.....
pzrwest

changes

Post by pzrwest »

I think I will go with your suggestion Paul to try and alter the dates will be very obvious but then that too would also be an indicator that it wasn't an original, any changes would have been crossed out with red and signed and re-entered
martin12ss

Post by martin12ss »

If I was forging a soldbuch I wouldn't start from scratch, It is very very hard to get a repro book and fill it out well enough to fool a collector. If I were to forge one for profit, I'd get an original one and add transfers, and stamps to "interesting units" Eg late war transfers into ss units from herr, luftwaffe kriegsmarine, or to well known units like GD, or HG. Also the additions of interesting awards will add value. If you are buying look out for this stuff it does go on.
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Something to consider when filling in soldbuchen.
Generally only officers had stamps of their rank. They stamped and signed the soldbuch then put the round eagle stamp over it.
This would be the unit stamp including the KP number, or the feldpost stamp.
People all to often (because SOF sells them) stamp in the main division stamp

Lots of entries were just a signature with no round eagle stamp over it, but sometimes the persons position (eg Zahlmeister/pay clerk)

And they can turn up in the most odd places in soldbuchen

Gurowski

Return to “Paperwork”