N.S FRAUENSCHAFT BADGES

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Tiger Frau

N.S FRAUENSCHAFT BADGES

Post by Tiger Frau »

Kameraden, I am looking to buy any Type II Frauenschaft Leaders Badges, the only ones I keep finding are in very bad condition and extortionately priced! Does anyone out there know where I can get one? I do not mind which level the badges are, Kreis, Ort etc.

Also can anyone tell me if German female journalists through the war, had any special badge or armband they wore?

Much appreciated for any help! :)

Tiger Frau
Ich bin nichts, Deutschland ist alles!
dink

Re: N.S FRAUENSCHAFT BADGES

Post by dink »

Leeds militaria fair usually has lots, of varying conditions, but seeing as your local to there its probs the best place to get a bargain as you can attempt to barter with the dealers. Think the next ones in Feb though, so if your in a hurry you'll have to wait til then. But you would be actually able to see what you're buying.

Think theres one (militaria fair) near Manchester in January, sure I have a flier for the date, will dig them out and let you know.

As for female journolists, past party badges/NSF badges or other service brooches (certainly not in the Angolia book I have :? ), I haven't seen or read anything specific to them, so can't help, you could ask on the WAF forum as if such a thing exists someone on their will know.
Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

Thanks very much for the help Dink! :) I am going to the big militaria fair at Stoneleigh in Feb. so maybe I'll get lucky there, I suppose it's just luck if one is available which is in decent condition.

Reguarding the German female journalists, I have asked my elder relatives here in Germany, and they said they think they only wore the NS badge or NSF one. I will ask on the WAF forum anyway.

Thanks again!

Michelle
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

My dear Miss ? Tiger Frau would you be as kind to us and post a photo of the said badge as some of us could look out for it
ImageImageImageImageImage
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

Tiger Frau wrote:Thanks very much for the help Dink! :) I am going to the big militaria fair at Stoneleigh in Feb. so maybe I'll get lucky there, I suppose it's just luck if one is available which is in decent condition.

Reguarding the German female journalists, I have asked my elder relatives here in Germany, and they said they think they only wore the NS badge or NSF one. I will ask on the WAF forum anyway.

Thanks again!

Michelle
try axis sally, she is a wealth of facts, i am sure she might be able to point you in the right direction :wink:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
axis sally

Post by axis sally »

Tiger Frau wrote
Also can anyone tell me if German female journalists through the war, had any special badge or armband they wore?
http://www.amazon.de/Zwischen-Zeilen-Le ... 444&sr=8-1

....will give you an insight of the life as a female journalist in the Third Reich.

As for badges or armbands, I have never seen any and thinking about it logical, they would have not worn any, as women did not see service at the front as "Berichterstatter".

Liebe Grüße,
Beate
Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

axis sally wrote:Tiger Frau wrote
http://www.amazon.de/Zwischen-Zeilen-Le ... 444&sr=8-1

....will give you an insight of the life as a female journalist in the Third Reich.

As for badges or armbands, I have never seen any and thinking about it logical, they would have not worn any, as women did not see service at the front as "Berichterstatter".

Liebe Grüße,
Beate

Thanks for all the help and info. on my question, it is most appreciated! :D

I have found a NSF badge on a site in the States, if I can't find one at Stoneleigh, I may buy that one.

Beate, regarding the Berichterstatter, I should have first stated, that I am not a reporter at the front, but one that works for the Frauen Warte magazine, a normal journalistin. I know women in Germany were not reporters at the front, or war correspondents, but thanks for stating that fact!

Es ist sehr nett eine Deutsche Kollagin, kennen zu lernen an diese Forum. Woher kommen Sie in Deutschland?

Viele Grüße

Michelle
axis sally

Post by axis sally »

Tiger Frau wrote: Beate, regarding the Berichterstatter, I should have first stated, that I am not a reporter at the front, but one that works for the Frauen Warte magazine, a normal journalistin. I know women in Germany were not reporters at the front, or war correspondents, but thanks for stating that fact!
Then you will find this link interesting:
http://digi.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/diglit ... warte1941/

As for reenacting a journalist of the named political magazine, would you be so kind to write about how you are going to incorporate this idea into a display?

Gruß,
Beate
Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

axis sally wrote:
Tiger Frau wrote: Beate, regarding the Berichterstatter, I should have first stated, that I am not a reporter at the front, but one that works for the Frauen Warte magazine, a normal journalistin. I know women in Germany were not reporters at the front, or war correspondents, but thanks for stating that fact!

As for reenacting a journalist of the named political magazine, would you be so kind to write about how you are going to incorporate this idea into a display?

Gruß,
Beate
Well, as this idea is just in the starting phase, I am getting help and ideas from my older relatives here in Germany who actually read the Frauen Warte, and maybe at events, I want to go round the different german reenactors, interview them, and then use their interviews and stories in what I am hopefully(!) trying to get a similar magazine going, just for us german reenactors and to see how it goes down. Of course any ideas for this role will be appreciated!
axis sally

Post by axis sally »

The idea of reenacting a journalist is actually quite a good one and I even suggested it myself in a thread once

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=601

Thus my aim doing a journalist would be clearly to involve the spectator, reenact with the spectator to get direct feedback on what he or she thinks of a display or the role I portray!

Tiger Frau wrote:
I want to go round the different german reenactors, interview them, and then use their interviews and stories in what I am hopefully(!) trying to get a similar magazine going, just for us german reenactors...
Okay, you want to offer a product, a "similar magazine"...then tell me how you want to "sell" it!

What will be the subjects of your interviews?
What stories except the stories about the three K´s, and I am talking about "Küche, Kinder und Kirche", will you report about?
Why would I want to support your magazine, why would I "subscribe" to it, when I can use original magazines to get frist hand historical background knowledge?
Why would I want to read my fellow reenactor´s stories, when they tell me direct at events?

Just a few questions and I do wonder if anyone else here has got any other ideas and questions on this very interesting theme?

Liebe Grüße,
Beate
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

axis sally wrote:

Gruß,
Beate
Beate would or could they wear the yellow deutsche wehrmacht armband if they were "serving" as journalists

just a thought :wink:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Tiger Frau

Post by Tiger Frau »

The reenactors that I would interview of course would be acting the part just as I will be, so the stories that they tell and their experiences will be from the Third Reich era and the war. It will make it more interesting if we are all in'character', so to speak. People don't always want to read about Herr Hitler all the time, how the women were always either in the Küche, Kirche or Schlafzimmer, making babies for the Führer! We want to hear about exciting stories, how our men at the front are living, how the war is going, not always new hairsyles or clothes! Us reenactors can portray ourselves as these people, and when we read about each other, we can all put a face to the person telling their story, it will bring the front and the era of the Third Reich closer to us, it will strenghten our bond, our bond as German reenactors is now so much stronger than those who portray the Allies, we are a family!

To include the public in my portrayel is an excellent idea! To bring the world of the era of the Reich to the eye of 'Joe Public', is superb! It will be a lesson in living history, much more believable and realistic. Any ideas for my potrayel?! Please keep them coming! I think this is an excellent start for this role as a journalistin!

Wünscht euch

Michelle
hanser

Post by hanser »

Tiger Frau if you`re still looking for a N.S Frauenschaft badge i have just bought one for a friend as a present. i`ll pm you with all the details.

Hanser
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Those badges come up on US and Germany Ebay from time-to-time. Helferin Schafer has one on her DRK uniform.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”