Company of Heroes PC

PanzerMart

Company of Heroes PC

Post by PanzerMart »

Just wondering if anyone else plays?

I just added a great new mod European theatre 1944 makes the game much more challenging in skirmish modes
Never Surrender. Your Honour lies in victory or death
rik

Re: Company of Heroes PC

Post by rik »

yeah i play these games got the lot,bloody brilliant,have you tried order of war just out for pc,some missions very tuf and require a bit of working out but great fun.
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

Not yet
I just downloaded Blitzkreig & Afrkia Korps mods Blitzkreig is good nice early war rendition AK is a little hmm overstretched for my own liking
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Yeah; I play it a lot. GREAT game.
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

I played it but lost it :oops: :oops:
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

I prefer Men of War, I want the ability to aim the tank turrets and PAKs
Richard Altorfer

Post by Richard Altorfer »

the latest company of heros lets u aim and turn your tanks turret
rik

Post by rik »

tales of valor,yep got that one as well,very good
42gunner

Post by 42gunner »

Richard Altorfer wrote:the latest company of heros lets u aim and turn your tanks turret
how about camera angles?
another big detail is range and enemy's health points.
men of war just doesnt let you shoot half way across the map, which I guess is realistic.
But Id like a supersized men of war, like a really big Red Orchestra map where you spend 40 percent of the time getting into position. I kinda want the ability to really test the Tiger's max range. A Tiger's range is like 50m farther than a Sherman or T34s in the game. These things shouldnt be fair.
Im pretty sure there are mods where you can shoot no matter the range, I just dont like how you might be 1m over the max range and it wont fire the cannon

Something else I hate about fairness is how some game makers try to even things out too much, Day of defeat is the best example. Yes it is an arcade-ic game but... the K98 zooms in farther than the M1 Garand, bolt is cycles somewhat faster to make up for the ROF. Then with the M1...you can fire as fast as you click.
Then you got obscure tanks being fielded to match the German King Tiger just for the sake of fairness. When it comes to certain things...yes...the "difference is just an eyelash" or "the man that wins a close quarters fight is usually the one with one more round in his magazine" but....things simply werent fair, thats the way games should be sometimes.
The Germans had quality of over quanitity in technology, little or no air support towards the end, allies had alot of crappy tanks and very good airpower.

rant over
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

42gunner wrote:
Richard Altorfer wrote:the latest company of heros lets u aim and turn your tanks turret
how about camera angles?
another big detail is range and enemy's health points.
men of war just doesnt let you shoot half way across the map, which I guess is realistic.
But Id like a supersized men of war, like a really big Red Orchestra map where you spend 40 percent of the time getting into position. I kinda want the ability to really test the Tiger's max range. A Tiger's range is like 50m farther than a Sherman or T34s in the game. These things shouldnt be fair.
Im pretty sure there are mods where you can shoot no matter the range, I just dont like how you might be 1m over the max range and it wont fire the cannon

Something else I hate about fairness is how some game makers try to even things out too much, Day of defeat is the best example. Yes it is an arcade-ic game but... the K98 zooms in farther than the M1 Garand, bolt is cycles somewhat faster to make up for the ROF. Then with the M1...you can fire as fast as you click.
Then you got obscure tanks being fielded to match the German King Tiger just for the sake of fairness. When it comes to certain things...yes...the "difference is just an eyelash" or "the man that wins a close quarters fight is usually the one with one more round in his magazine" but....things simply werent fair, thats the way games should be sometimes.
The Germans had quality of over quanitity in technology, little or no air support towards the end, allies had alot of crappy tanks and very good airpower.

rant over
Try the european theatre mod from filefront along with tales of valor youll find things are alot more balanced for example allies can roll tanks out of their motorpools with alarming speed they also have devastating air power talent trees
German tanks take a long time to construct the ranges for each armour piece is accurate as well as the anti tank guns
The unform skins are pretty accurate too

but all these things said you need to remember it is a game not a simulator :)

Return to “Computer Games, Modelling and Wargaming”