WARNING RICK PENNINGTON RE-EN-ACTOR SCAMMER FROM ELGIN USA

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Hauser

WARNING RICK PENNINGTON RE-EN-ACTOR SCAMMER FROM ELGIN USA

Post by Hauser »

I would like to warn fellow re-en actors of an Ebay scammer selling Torn radio face plates, I have ordered two fronts of this Guy, his Ebay alias is mycarisapieceofcrap ?? and his name is Rick / Richard Pennington from Elgin IL ? possibly not his correct details, Anyway due to my stupidity i gave Rick the benefit of the doubt in the delays on delivery, and sent a final demand for my money back or the fronts...and he just disappeared with no further contact.

I have notified paypal who have noted it as a fraud, and also Ebay who have now passed it on the there internal dept ( i am waiting for a reply)

I hope this stops anyone else getting robbed

Purchase:
ww2 German Torn Eb Radio Faceplate 1945 Torn. Eb.(#330652962673) sold to wil***8 on 06-Dec-2011

Please note that two payments were made.... one for one front via Ebay, and another payment for extra front using paypal gift system i am unable to claim via paypal or ebay due to leaving it for over two months before filing a claim,,

Transaction Details

PayPal Express Checkout Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #0SM19512MV107****U)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
7 Dec 2011 Payment To Rick Pennington Completed ... -$95.00 USD

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Amount
7 Dec 2011 Charge from Credit Card CompletedYour transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your credit card to your PayPal account is complete.
Details £62.43 GBP
7 Dec 2011 Currency Conversion Completed Details -£62.43 GBP
7 Dec 2011 Currency Conversion Completed Details $95.00 USD

Shopping Cart Contents

Qty Item Options Price
1 ww2 German Torn Eb Radio Faceplate 1945 Torn. Eb.
Item Number 330652962673 $75.00 USD
Amount $75.00 USD

PLEASE NOTE TIME FRAME ITS OVER TWO MONTHS AGO (PAID ON THE 7TH OF DECEMBER)

Hey Rich:
Happy New Year Kamerad! The wedding went very well, thanks for asking! I just got home yesterday, and unfortunatly, the radios were sent back because of insufficent postage. Damn scale I used at home! I will get the right postage out for you on Monday. I do apologize buddy!

Rick

- mycarisapieceofcrap

From User:
mycarisapieceofcrap (328)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 27-Sep-04 in United States
Activity with mycarisapieceofcrap (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from mycarisapieceofcrap
Activity with mycarisapieceofcrap (last 90 days): mycarisapieceofcrap has bid on 0 of my items

Hey Rich
Wie gehts kamerad? I hope this finds you well. As for my facebook, are you on the wwii and civil war forum? I am on there quite a bit, so you should be able to see me from there, so we can friend one another.
I do have a bit of good news and bad news for you: I had asked my wife to send your stuff out 2 weeks ago, and I saw it sitting in the corner yesterday! As a result, you'll be getting an extra free faceplate. I seriously am sorry man! I am packing up your 3rd plate now to get it out to you asap. I do apologize kamerad!

- mycarisapieceofcrap
AFRA member
dbloge

Re: WARNING RICK PENNINGTON RE-EN-ACTOR SCAMMER FROM ELGIN U

Post by dbloge »

Please let us know how this turns out.

DL
Zoepf

Post by Zoepf »

Yes, please do.

I know a few guys who know him and have gotten faceplates from him and they all claim he's a good dude.

But hey, there's a first time for everything, right?
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Hi thanks for comments ! I am a member of a closed group called Nachrichten, and one of the members has offered a faceplate , free of charge ! to help with my possible loss ...I told Brad, lets give it a few days first, to see what happens the fellow re-en-actors are called Brad & Misty Blondet Blondetbm@msn.com you can find them on Ebay called Mgteam and brad has been making these faceplates for over 12 years + a load of other stuff, anyway a few members managed to contact Rick pennington and 2 days later i received an email saying my 3 faceplates have been dispatched :shock: :shock: :shock: so its all on hold now, and i'll keep you posted on the full outcome, I am a great believer, in giving people chance to put things right, so, lets see how it un-folds thanks Rich
AFRA member
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

Hauser wrote:Hi thanks for comments ! I am a member of a closed group called Nachrichten, and one of the members has offered a faceplate , free of charge ! to help with my possible loss ...I told Brad, lets give it a few days first, to see what happens the fellow re-en-actors are called Brad & Misty Blondet Blondetbm@msn.com you can find them on Ebay called Mgteam and brad has been making these faceplates for over 12 years + a load of other stuff, anyway a few members managed to contact Rick pennington and 2 days later i received an email saying my 3 faceplates have been dispatched :shock: :shock: :shock: so its all on hold now, and i'll keep you posted on the full outcome, I am a great believer, in giving people chance to put things right, so, lets see how it un-folds thanks Rich
got my faceplate and battery off brad top bloke
mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

TarawaJon

Post by TarawaJon »

Since the "BIG RICK SCARE" that covered multiple continents is over you might want to post the ending to the story. In the words of that icon of the USA Tricky Dick Nixon, paraphrased, "[Rick]... is no crook!"

TJ
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Scare over ! who says ? you TarawaJon ??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

AS TO DATE ..... I STILL HAVE NO RADIO PANELS AND I AM STILL DOWN THE MONEY AS WELL !!!SO AS I SAID........ Rick Pennington contacted me yesterday, to ask if i had received them ? i have not, they could well be delivered tomorrow ? next week ? next month ? i cannot say, when i get them i will post ....until then wait like i am doing / have been doing!!

When i have given time for the supposed panels to arrive ( NEARLY A 1/4 OF A YEAR TO DATE AND STILL COUNTING) i will comment, so just to put Mr TarawaJon in the picture ...my credit card company TODAY..... cotacted Paypal / Rick Pennington's credit card company for recovery of my money

And Tarawajohn, if you were in posession of the full facts, you would prob look at my problem in a different light !!

I have received nothing but support from my fellow American reenactors, even down to as i said, Brad offering to give me a replacement front,

I would be very interested in how long, you think i should wait for my paid for goods ...eh
so what would you do ?? keep sending emails, or just write the money off ???? or name and shame ?????

Anyway not sure what you are expecting from me ? a big thank you ? all is forgiven ? please forgive me ? look me up when in the UK ?....... if you are don't hold your breath ....there will be no retraction of my statements of fact... just a confirmation the goods have finally arrived, And i intend to inform my card company, pay-pal and eBay (one of the same) that my goods have finally arrived.......

PayPal notified of chargeback filed by you: Case ID no.PP-001************9 - ORM001
Hide Details

service@paypal.co.uk

TO:

wiln@yahoo.com

Message flagged
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:28 PM
Dear Richard Wi******son,

We recently received notice from your credit card company that you filed a
chargeback stating that you did not receive merchandise you paid for.

Please review the details of the disputed transaction below and the steps
for what to do next.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Seller's name: Rick P*******on
Seller's email: wock@yahoo.com
Seller's Transaction ID: 9TW68************05R

Transaction date: 7 Dec 2011
Transaction amount: -$**** USD
Case no.: PP-001-67********-599

Your transaction ID: 0SM**********23U

If you wish to continue with this chargeback, no further actions are
required by you at this time.
Due Dates
AFRA member
dbloge

Post by dbloge »

When you get the items, can you at least note the date mailed, as well as if you received an extra cover, and free shipping.

DL
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Hi Doug, i will certainly list delivery date, and what's in the packet I'll even photo them if you require, May i also say, i paid for the shipping, it was not free... my aim is to try to put this sorry state of affairs behind me, and i hope it comes right for all concerned, even Rick,.... :) on a delivery point only, i have just had a pair of Honda CRX carbon fiber mirrors, delivered from Inglewood CA, it took 15 days, they were not heavy but quite bulky items, so its looking like around 15 to 20 days for stateside delivery approx. Thanks Rich
AFRA member
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Just to keep anyone intrested informed, as of........... 17.15 Hrs Friday 24th Feb GMT nothing has been received yet..... :?
AFRA member
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Just to keep anyone who is interested..... informed, as of........... 18.53 Hrs Monday 27th Feb GMT nothing has been received yet..... :? :?
Last edited by Hauser on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFRA member
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Just to keep anyone who is interested..... informed, as of........... 16.17 Hrs Thursday 1st March GMT nothing has been received yet..... : :roll: :roll:
AFRA member
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Hi all just to keep anyone who's intrested i'll bring you up to speed

these are my last emails to and from Rick Pennington below

Hey Rich:
Did you get the faceplates yet? They were sent close to a month ago, so I would have expected them to arrive by now. Thanks.Rick

I sent this reply................

TO: rick pennington

Message flagged
Friday, March 2, 2012 12:07 AM
Hi Rick i have not received anything ? is it possible to check on tracking from your end ? being a small country you can fit around 8 UK's in Florida ! so our Royal Mail post is quite good they don't loose stuff very often, customs would normally contact me that there is a fee to pay ...they ain't ??? have you a tracking number ? as i don't have anything to work with from this end ? Regards Rich

To: Richard Wilcockson <wi*********n@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:50 PM
Subject: faceplates

HE NEVER EMAILED ME BACK WITH ANY TRACKING DETAILS SO
Its now a 1/4 of a year to the date!! from me buying the Radio Fronts, and it needs wrapping up, so this is my last post on this subject, iv'e been bull shitted from day one, and i am pushing it forward as fraud, also my credit card has decided to chase it also, so i'm in there hands, thanks to all members for your support, and help,
Best regards Richard
AFRA member
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

He sold another EB faceplate last week

I always email Brad for faceplates Fu d2 or E.b
Never Surrender. Your Honour lies in victory or death
Hauser

end of the road

Post by Hauser »

deleted post