Please comment on this pair of berghose

Moderator: les hearn

gebirgsjäger

Re: Please comment on this pair of berghose

Post by gebirgsjäger »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by gebirgsjäger on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halle

Post by Halle »

No pointed pocket flaps , lack of anything ( ring or fabric bridle ) to hold fob watch chain , waist adjustor is at the rear rather than one on either side , they also appear ( though it's hard to tell from a picture ) to have a sewn in crease . They also don't seem to be cut high enough at the back . The leather cuff at the bottom of the leg is a correct modification , but you have to be sure you can attach this to your Bergschue sufficiently well as there are no stirrups to stop them riding up . The colour seems ok if a little light and they're cheap enough , they look like a pair of converted M36 straight trousers to me .
Sorry if I seem negative , personally I wouldn't buy them , have a look at the Berghosen produced by Sergei at Schuster.ru
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
gebirgsjäger

Post by gebirgsjäger »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by gebirgsjäger on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

I take it your putting your posts through a translater of some sort ? Rather confusing post. :?

I think we like to know what the exact faults and merits are - then we can make our own mind up as to wether it's good enough or not for our own / unit's standards. :)
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Goethe

Post by Goethe »

Had a unit member buy those exact trousers, and said they where pretty much crap. He then got a pair of Schuster Sergei's made for $100US and couldn't be happier.

Definitely worth it to spend the extra dough on some hand made, tailor-fit trousers.

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”