General questions about Komp's, Btl's, etc.

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

SchutzeHagemann

General questions about Komp's, Btl's, etc.

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

Hey all,

My unit has decided to portray the 35th Inf. Div. and we are currently trying to figure out all the details of kompanies and battalions, etc. This is what we have chosen:

Inf.Reg.109, I Btl, III Komp.

Alongside our Inf. Reg, we wanted to include a HQ section for guys who are not field ready. What would be more appropriate, representing the Stab I Btl.? Or rather, the HQ section in III Kompanie?

We are only trying to portray a unit realistically on the squad and platoon level, so we don't want out HQ section to be too high. Thanks.

Sam
Kampfgruppe Steiner
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Re: General questions about Komp's, Btl's, etc.

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Radio operators and runners would be a good idea, runners of "imaginary" officers or allow and officer or two to pour over maps and such and sent oders. But radio operators is good if you're a small unit. Another idea would be the the heavy weapons section.
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
wolfsangel

Re: General questions about Komp's, Btl's, etc.

Post by wolfsangel »

pretty much summed up how we run our displays, if we go away from a front line Zug sort of impression then we do a generic Stab set up with seomone elected/nominated to be an officer for an hour or two each day. teh rest of us busy ourselves with radios and day to day admin looking after kit etc
Frontschweine, Regiment 409

Return to “General”