Where to find...?

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

BDMhistorian

Where to find...?

Post by BDMhistorian »

A kerchief style cotton or linen nurse's cap? Kind of like the DRK ones...
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

Thanks. I guess my best bet is going to be to just make it myself.

Thanks for the other links as well, but I have no use for any Helferin stuff as I do a BDM impression. ;) Landser (http://www.landser.com) did my insignia for that and a lovely job they did, too.
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

Yes, that's the type cap I'm after. It looks fairly straightforward to make, and even though my sewing skills are pretty much limited to straight lines, I should be able to figure out how to make one of those. Seems simple enough.

On a side note, I recently purchased a white apron identical to the Red Cross one shown in those photos from Touch of Europe Linens on the web. Cost me $15 - I don't think you can beat that. If any of the ladies here need one, they had a second one just like the one I bought when I got mine, so they might still have it.

To answer your question - while I still look pretty young, my impression is that of a BDM Maedelgruppenfuehrerin. Girls who held leadership positions, both voluntary or paid, were able to remain in the BDM past the age of 21, unless they got married or pregnant. So having someone older is by no means incorrect for the impression.

I'll post pictures after the Fort Indiantown Gap event in January. It'll be the first time I bring the whole impression out, with all the kit and caboodle, so that'll be a good photo opportunity.
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

Oh, if you're interested in the BDM - http://www.bdmhistory.com is my website.

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”