My Soldbuch

for information on soldbuchs,stamps,money,passes etc.

Moderator: Feldjager

pzrwest

My Soldbuch

Post by pzrwest »

Just received these pics of the progress on my soldbuch from the Commanding Officer of my re-enactment unit. He still has to attach my foto to the inside cover and apply the stamps to it plus a few other entries to my soldbuch. Also included the award documents as well. Comments welcome:
pzrwest

no comments?

Post by pzrwest »

24 views and no comments?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

:lol: I PM'd!) :wink:
Steinmetz

Post by Steinmetz »

Nice, good certs there too!
(Si - the newbie with an empty Soldbuch :? )
SS-U.f.w. Steinmetz
SBG Mechanics Section - Keeping the Reich rolling since '33!
pzrwest

soldbuch

Post by pzrwest »

Thank you for the comments. Paul sent me some great tips on how to improve my soldbuch and I'm in the process of digging up the other docs etc for the back pocket of the soldbuch. Would I carry the soldbuch in my left breast pocket or in a wallet. I see repro wallets for sale and they say the soldbuch fits inside the wallet. If I did carry it in a wallet where do I keep the wallet? It wouldn't fit in the breast pocket so I assume one of the lower pockets
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I have one of the embossed card wallets. It has a soldier's notebook inside it and a slot to carry a sweetheart picture. Also a space to carry award certs and other paperwork.
I'd say get one - It makes your soldbuch last longer - My Soldbuch is quite distressed and even sellotaped upp in places..... Looks VERY period....
I'll do some pics when I get chance.
pzrwest

wallets

Post by pzrwest »

I've looked at several of the wallets from several sellers and being handy with leather work I think I could make one just as good or better. Just need the right type, color, and weight of the leather. Were they all pebble grain leather or did they also come in smooth leather? And what about colors? I've seen the redish brown ones, the tanish ones, and black ones
Jugendkrieger

Post by Jugendkrieger »

pzwest you want some pics of mine ?
pzrwest

pics?

Post by pzrwest »

Pics of your wallet or soldbuch? Jugendkrieger
Jugendkrieger

Post by Jugendkrieger »

wallet, for your new prodject i have a really nice Red-Brown leather One
pzrwest

wallet

Post by pzrwest »

Sure love to see your pics also the dimensions would be great as well. The unfolded length and width. Thanks
Jugendkrieger

Post by Jugendkrieger »

no problem ill post them on the weekend
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

So as not to clutter up this thread - I've made a gallery of my Soldbuch and its contents.
Soldbuch was done by Paul Marsh of FJR2. I must point out that there are DELIBERATE mistakes in it so it can never be passed off as original in the future. They are cleverly done and a testament to Paul's skill and knowledge.
He supplied some bits for the back of it and I put a few in myself. I got the embossed slide and the paper wallet myself. Bryn did the Award Certificates..... Makes a nice package and I hope it helps people put their documentation together.
Dolman's Soldbuch
pzrwest

which soldbuch

Post by pzrwest »

Olivier which soldbuch are you referring to? Mine or Pauls? Red was used for crossing out old info that has been updated

Return to “Paperwork”