Heeresschule für Nachrichten - Helferinnen ID Disc

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

pzrwest

Heeresschule für Nachrichten - Helferinnen ID Disc

Post by pzrwest »

Here are scans of a nice ID disc I was given by my uboot vet's wife's sister. The disc belonged to their aunt who was an instructor at a Heeresschule für Nachrichten - Helferinnen. The disc came in a nice hand knitted wool pouch. For along time we couldn't figure out why or how the disc became discolored as it is, then it dawned on us that the disc had sat on it's end in the pouch since the war and it was the lanolin in the wool that had discolored it. Is there any way we can find out what school she taught at? From what Ed and his wife have told me there weren't many of these schools. How rare are these ID discs and what would it be worth. The disc is made of very thin tin like material as it is magnetic. Here are the pics:
dink

Post by dink »

No idea on working things out :oops: but wow am jealous :D
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

dink wrote:No idea on working things out :oops: but wow am jealous :D
I was honored to receive it, Just recently as I have posted before Edgar has given me his fathers medals etc. I would love to get an obertorpedomechanikermaat's sleeve badge to add to the family display of Edgar's. All of Ed's medals badges etc were taken from him when he surrendered at the end of the war
Feldpostobersekretär

Re: Heeresschule für Nachrichten - Helferinnen ID Disc

Post by Feldpostobersekretär »

The Heeresschule for Nachrichtenhelferinen was in Giessen {I cannot remember how to do the double s B thingy :p]
There is a bunch of photos on this thread here:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... b8fb88371c
I have a document group and photo album to a girl who attended the school. It'd be spooky if she was in any of the photos :shock:
Good luck with the search
pzrwest

Re: Heeresschule für Nachrichten - Helferinnen ID Disc

Post by pzrwest »

I'll ask Edgar if he has any pics of his wife's aunt around the time she was in the service

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”