Which period airsoft guns are you using?

Stigroadie

Which period airsoft guns are you using?

Post by Stigroadie »

My first airsoft gun was the TM M1A1 Thompson, followed by a 1911A1 Colt pistol. I've used them at every event/game/skirmish I've done. The M1 works quite well in woods and for CQB, a little heavy but hey, get over it.
I have one of those AGM MP40's too, once I got a good battery http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/airsoft_etc_.html it has improved no end. Waiting for a chance to use it. 50 odd rounds per mag is not so great but it is more authentic.
dink

Post by dink »

Maruzen P38, AGM MP40, Tanaka K98(don't care what someone says I paid for it and it was near my birthday thus I bought it for myself as a present ergo its mine)
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Do you find the pistol useful, I took it to my first dozen games and never used it. Been in the box since then.
dink

Post by dink »

In the sitting room its great for taking pot shots at my no1 target in the homefront, it hurts :twisted: and have hit che from a short distance away :twisted: haven't actually used it airsofting, Lewis borrowed it at the training day and liked it and went off an bought his own, I just saw it and wanted it wanted it NOW. I like the MP40 :oops: 5 mags preloaded could do with more mags for ease as its guarunteed if I get hit, its when I'm reloading all 5 mags :evil: :lol: (blooming women huh never satisfied and want more) see another confession ffs, haven't really had chance to play with the K98 as someone keeps cosseting it :roll: also need spare mags for that desperately.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I'm up to 9 for the MP40 and 5 hi-caps and 2 mid-caps for the Thompson. Never have enough mags.
Last edited by Stigroadie on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dink

Post by dink »

indeed my main problem is I rattle running about (not good if your being a sneaky beaky, as I've got a tub of bbs on my person :oops: see theres no stopping me now the confessions have started, this airsoft section should be stopped with immediate effect and never be seen again. :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I got me a TOP MP40 and some kind soul is gonna upgrade it when I manage to mangle the gears... I only have four mags at present but if I don't fall down dead from exhaustion I will be getting some more.

I am now seriously looking at that Hybrid MP44/G3 dodger.... I fancy a pistole but at present I'm still putting "other kit" together... all in good time... The Maruzen P38 takes my fancy but it's how often would it be used?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

dink wrote: as I've got a tub of bbs on my person
Big thick zip-lock bags help to reduce the rattle, squeeze the air out and you're rocking.
dink

Post by dink »

Indeed however last time I thought of that was at the CR and it rained, my boots got wet (understatement) and I had to put them (the ziplock bags) on my little "stumps" so I could actually bare putting my boots on :oops: much to the amusement of everyone else that I could actually fit my feet in them to start with, didn't take any to training day so the tub it was or all my bbs would have fallen out of my bread bag whilst I was rolling around in the mud.
JD7

Post by JD7 »

WW2-wise I have a Tanaka K98, Tanaka P08 Luger Pistol, ACM MP40 x2, a CYMA M1A1, WE M1911A1 Pistol and my HK-33 conversion project ah also an M14 to M1 Garand project as well

Must admit, the pistol's are not used in game much, but nice backup pieces and look the shit lol
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Er, where do I start.

AEG MG42
4 MP40's (TOP and AGM)
2 x P38's
1 x P08

Currently building a pile of other stuff - MP41, G43 and some K98's (well, i'll finish them when i've fixed my bloody milling machine :evil: )

I use pistols a lot in close quarters situations. Far handier in confined areas. Using both the P08 and the P38 has shown that the P38 is FAR more practical than the old Luger.

Herr Dollman - when (not if) you grenade the internals on your TOP, gimme a holler, i have a fair few spares laying around for their incarnation of the MP40.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
Chomley-Warner

Post by Chomley-Warner »

TM Thompson with wood kit + 6 mags (my first ever AEG and still favourite)
TM 1911A1 + 2 mags (fires crisply for a plastic gun)
WA 1911A1 + 2 mags (stupidly used green gas, slide broke on third shot)
Maruzen P38 + 2 mags (love this, looks good)
AGM MP40 + 7 mags (astonishing value - £40 from HK, amazing)
Tanaka K98 + 4 mags (I love wood, sweet rifle)

Rarely actually use pistols in-game, essential acessory when using the K98 though 'cos you are stuffed close up. That said, at the Wotan tunnels game I'll probably use the 1911 all day.
warren

Re: Which period airsoft guns are you using?

Post by warren »

Stigroadie wrote: I have one of those AGM MP40's too, once I got a good battery http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/airsoft_etc_.html it has improved no end.
stig - which battery replacement did you get for the agm?

cheers

woz
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

8.4V 1400mAh 2/3A NiMH Mini Battery Pack. (3x2 + 1)
The second one down the list. They were quite quick at getting it out to me i remember.
stubblehopper

Post by stubblehopper »

Herr Feldwebel, I know for a fact that your Top MP40 will go into meltdown after just a few mags, I'll bring a K98 along for you to use for when it does, so bring some pouches. Or you can have a go with the MG42 team if you prefer.

Return to “WWII Airsoft”