Helferin skirt

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

dink

Helferin skirt

Post by dink »

Help I've looked through the books I have and had a scout on the usual net references and think I now have picture blindness, nearly all pictures I've seen clearly show the front of the skirt (including pictures or originals :evil: (situation not helped by being unable to find my specs :oops: ) I've started pinning a skirt together and realised I had no idea if there was a small spilt in the rear. I've got the box pleats sorted but am now wanting to pin the rear ready for the sewing pile.

Lou did you put a split in the rear of your skirt :shock: ? Help :lol:

Ta muchly in advance
Lucia

Re: Helferin skirt

Post by Lucia »

OMG i cant remember! I think one of mine does but the other doesn't, have you got the osprey book? I think it will tell you in there.

Lou x

PS hows the flak impression coming? need u to help me with mine
dink

Post by dink »

Jacket is complete, cap needs a dark wash with some dylon and me to make a concerted effort to decide on which button to use (reminds me I need to order some for my greatcoat of non buttonness ffs WHY take them off :roll: note it wasn't me, it was the stupid harris that had it before me :evil: )

Just need to unpick some ski trousers, remove the waist band, and right side, remove the front fly, stitch that up and then dye them. Not much :lol: Oh and to rejig a 2007 uniform blouse I've got into a 1940s one, but thats peasy as its just remove the sleeves and epaulattes, take it in a touch and reattach the sleeves with a pouffe effect :lol:

Osprey just mentioned the two box pleats, but I've seen original pics with both :roll: :? at the point of thinking BOLLOX and doing what I feel like cos obviously the German uniform factories did that :lol:

If I can be of any help, as always feel free to annoy me :twisted:
dink

Post by dink »

Will put some after pics of trews and skirt I've made up later as I'm just doing final touches to skirt and trews (neithers been dyed as yet, thats a whole lot of more fun later).

Anyways just wanted to post on here and say its stupidly easy to make a female skirt from a pair of male trews and on a budget (I didn't have to, but I choose to see how cheaply the female uniform can be produced, more so recently following conversations between a group I'm in that some members are adamant it costs £££ and YOU CANNOT DO IT well :P to them :lol: bunch of carrot danglers, should never have said can't to me :oops: ) anyways I've done it :D Skirt total cost ...... £4 :lol:

Lou I've took pictures throughout the process, thought it maybes of use incase anyone wants a how to guide/future reference ;) done same with the trews, did it more as a reference for myself as I'll have a complete mind block when I start again next week :oops: :lol: but I'm quite happy to share :wink:

Tunics next week 8) :lol:

ps I'm seriously fed up of unpicking I have decided it is the worlds dullest task :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Flak Badge as mentioned

Anya in Flakhleferinnen uniform which is now sat in a wardrobe in our house....... :shock:

(ignore footwear - she rode in the tank most of the day!)
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

wot!!! you have a flak helferin in your wardrobe :shock:

i have a drk nurse in mine :wink: :lol:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
dink

Post by dink »

DAS MEDIC wrote:wot!!! you have a flak helferin in your wardrobe :shock:

i have a drk nurse in mine :wink: :lol:
Nick its some weeks since you posted your message, could you please now do the gentlemanly thing and let your Mrs out of the wardrobe :lol:

Mental note to take lots of piccies in the next week idle hands and a sewing machine = busy Dink :oops:

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”