Dak tunic

Moderator: SchnellMeyer

Franz repper

Dak tunic

Post by Franz repper »

just seen this on Mr underwoods site looks good just thought tha you D.A.K types might like it trousers and shorts
ImageImageImageImageImage
mario33

Re: Dak tunic

Post by mario33 »

Good one, however I got one reservation about it. German jackets got shorter skirts than sleeves. I know it sounds weird but so it was. I would say that Mr underwood jacket is juzt that bit too long. Compare to Ant-z production - he's got that thing right.
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Grabenkater

Post by Grabenkater »

I just received a DAK tunic, trousers and shorts from ANTZ earlier this week. To be honest I like the look of them much better than I do the RAU tunic. The tailoring seems to be on par with the 2 originals I have access to.
Hannibal Brooks

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

I spoke to Richard a while ago about his DAK uniforms. After the initial sample, he has been unable to get hold of any. So it could be some time before he has any. Lucky for us that there are other places to get hold of the goods!
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Thats because they come from HKK either directly or indirectly- probably the same manufacturer in Honk Kong. Pretty soon good HKK repros will be collectors items in their own right!
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Obergefreiter Hansch wrote:Thats because they come from HKK either directly or indirectly- probably the same manufacturer in Honk Kong. Pretty soon good HKK repros will be collectors items in their own right!
Good sir I dont think Richard gets his stuff from HK
ImageImageImageImageImage
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

mario33 wrote:Good one, however I got one reservation about it. German jackets got shorter skirts than sleeves. I know it sounds weird but so it was. I would say that Mr underwood jacket is juzt that bit too long. Compare to Ant-z production - he's got that thing right.
Sorry to contro-dict old boy but although your correct in that Jackets got shorter, as the DAK was gone by '43, their uniforms wern't subject to the changes in manurfacturing which used less material and DAK tunics appear in most photos I've got (and I freely admit I don't have every DAK photo ever taken) they are nearer to Mr Underpants one in length.

Toodle pip! :mrgreen:
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
mario33

Post by mario33 »

Can't agree, Mr Spiess...

Jackets were like that (i.e. shorter) right from the starters ! Namely - right from 1934 :) the feldblusen WERE SHORT, no matter which model and which year.

More on this:

http://www.lostbattalions.com/german33- ... 33-45.html
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

mario33 wrote:Can't agree, Mr Spiess...

Jackets were like that (i.e. shorter) right from the starters ! Namely - right from 1934 :) the feldblusen WERE SHORT, no matter which model and which year.

More on this:

http://www.lostbattalions.com/german33- ... 33-45.html

All the above is far enough BUT this is the DAK section and were talking about DAK tunics so... See attached.
http://www.tylersmilitarysite.com/image ... hgtuoe.jpg

In the end theres enough photo's to prove either way. :D
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Mario33, Just wondering seeing as youve had a few from them (AntZ) looking at their size chart - I'm tempted to get 42S. (luftwaffe tropical)

Which seems wrong in itself - 6ft 44 chest, but the 42 which is actually 46 should be about right and the sleave length sound better as well - as I find most Tunics in a size 44 have sleaves that end half way down my fingers. But buying a tunic that says short :shock: just seems wrong. What sizes have you had and how do the sleeves end up ??
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

Interesting question.... I asked AntZ if he can help me out with a same tunic jacket yesterday. No reaction yet, but I also asked him I will only buy if I can return the item for anoter size if it the first one does not fit.... (Unfortunatly no reaction yet of Antz)...
dagda

Post by dagda »

Ive just ordered some luftwaffe stuff from the vendor, but ordered a 48 thinking about shrinkage!! iM CONFUSED!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

dagda wrote:Ive just ordered some luftwaffe stuff from the vendor, but ordered a 48 thinking about shrinkage!! iM CONFUSED!
I did that with Hong Kong Keith - ordered a size up - tunic was HUUUUUGE !
Gliderinf / Luftlande
dagda

Post by dagda »

Im normally a 46 so what do you recommend? Ive ordered a size 38 Trouser and Im a 34 for the same reason!!help!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Return to “Deutsches Afrikakorps”