Gravity Knives ???

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Villy Vassel

Re: Gravity Knives ???

Post by Villy Vassel »

Assisted knives . com, does Bundy , Post War versions , he has a list of legality World Wide , he sells them in Kit form , UK legal :?: I am not sure , :| Villy Vassel
carentan

Post by carentan »

If for example, the handle was posted in a separate package to the blade they would not be illegally imported. At that point it is not an illegal knife.

Yannis, don't travel with it :wink:
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Villy Vassel

Post by Villy Vassel »

carentan wrote:If for example, the handle was posted in a separate package to the blade they would not be illegally imported. At that point it is not an illegal knife.

Yannis, don't travel with it :wink:
I think that is what he does ,he is British , so I presume he is well informed with the UK law . Villy
GRFJ

Post by GRFJ »

Villy :)

If you are referring to me, no I'm not British and not so much informed about the law in the UK, hence the questions
Since I will be traveling to the UK for some events I thought I'd ask and clear things up.
I do appreciate the lesson.
"Always keep your words soft and tender, one day you may have to eat them".
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

GRFJ wrote:Thanks for the detailed response on the law Feldgendarme!

So, I take it nobody carries one in reenactments? (ok, I'm guessing this is a silly question any way one looks at it :lol: )
Good point Yannis :wink:
This goes to bayonets and close combat knives, i suppose nobody carries them either? lol,
even though they are illegal too in the eyes of the law as the blades exeeds the allowed
3ins, infact i think the law has been updated a few years back, it used to be 3ins, now no
knives are allowed to be carried at all period.

But i think people are under a misapprehension, it is not illegal to OWN these knives just to
be found carrying one in your possession in a public place, this was explained to me by a
Police Officer when i did a Security course some years ago.

Pipes :wink:
Villy Vassel

Post by Villy Vassel »

GRFJ wrote:Villy :)

If you are referring to me, no I'm not British and not so much informed about the law in the UK, hence the questions
Since I will be traveling to the UK for some events I thought I'd ask and clear things up.
I do appreciate the lesson.
:? No mate, I am referring to the guy who sells them in The USA , he is originally from Scotland , and has a list of Knife Laws worldwide , it looks like we had our wire's crossed , best regards Villy :)
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

as a defence

can it not be claimed as part of national costume

after all it was part of the issue for falshys

hence national costume issue :roll:

all ya have to do then is convince a jury you where only holding one for reenactment purposes
:lol:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Unreal! Gravity knives are illegal as they are classed with flick knives, its a no! if you are coming from outside the UK and the republic of Ireland, simple! If you get caught so be it!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Peiper wrote:
GRFJ wrote:
This goes to bayonets and close combat knives, i suppose nobody carries them either? lol,
even though they are illegal too in the eyes of the law as the blades exeeds the allowed
3ins, infact i think the law has been updated a few years back, it used to be 3ins, now no
knives are allowed to be carried at all period.

Ok Thats wrong. Bayonets and close combat Knives are not Illegal items in the UK carrying them in public is.

Info is all available here: http://www.bkcg.co.uk/guide/law.html

link contains Explanation of knife laws with links to the The Criminal Justice Act (1988) stating what you can cant have and the updated 1997 Knives act.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Peiper wrote: But i think people are under a misapprehension, it is not illegal to OWN these knives just to
be found carrying one in your possession in a public place, this was explained to me by a
Police Officer when i did a Security course some years ago.
That's what i'll think you'll find ive said Ropes?? :?
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

3ins
bayonets and fighting knives are not illegal and are not on the banned knives list. Grav knives are. point is the 1997 knives act is desinged to give a bit on leway for collectors etc. carrying somthing like a bayonet at event is fine because its not an illegal item and its beimg worn as part of an impression on private property. But carrying a grav knife at an event is dodgy due to the fact the knife itself is banned. Got a grav knive? Then keep it at home. Try and import one and you are falling foul of the law.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Lol :lol: I know they are illegal mate!
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Peiper wrote:Lol :lol: I know they are illegal mate!
And yet your asking on how to import one into the UK.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i think we have strayed,

Grav knifes are illegal, period . nuff said.
carentan

Post by carentan »

Yes, only post if you anything further to add about gravity knives other than importing/legality of etc. The law is clear.
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”